Thursday, June 26, 2008

A Series of unfortunate events and a fortunate one (Guadalupe style)

The following are my journal entries, saved in my notebook.

Sunday night, I ran to Jollibee to get something for dinner. Once I got in the tricycle on the way home, I saw a purse on the seat. I reluctantly grabbed it and thought of what to do with it. I should come up with a decision before I reach home. After I stepped out of the tricycle, I asked the driver who was his last passenger, he could not answer my question. He was wondering why, I could tell. I told him I saw a purse. I told him if ever the owner would ask him, just direct him/her to my aunt’s store and I’ll leave it with them. He did not agree with my idea. I stressed further but he won. He took the purse but before I gave it to him I opened to see how much was in it – just to make sure. He said “’Wag mo nang buksan baka…” Whatever!!! I opened it and saw couple of bills and other tickets. Finally, I gave it to him. I told him “Ikaw nang bahala dyan ha.” He assured me but I didn’t trust him actually coz he’s a rude guy. He used to eat at the store and he’s airy. So went inside and again I shouted “Bahala ka na dyan” for his conscience.
After that night, I heard nothing about him or the purse.
I don’t really know if what I did to the wallet was the right thing or not. If I chose to keep it, it wouldn’t be right either.
***

I can remember that afternoon when my sister and I went to Guadalupe. While we were in the jeepney, few street children came and they begged for some money. We ignored them and guess what they did…they spat on us, on my sister…really beyond description.
***

Few more trips to Guadalupe and I saw these street kids inhaling rugby and smoking. I wanted to report it to the police nearby but didn’t have time to. I wonder if they could do something to keep those kids from such unfortunate situation.

No comments: