Saturday, June 7, 2008

Losing Lolo

Lolo Pedyong passed away. I came home from watching a movie when I learned about the sad news. Thursday night, lola Virgie texted me saying that lolo was hospitalized. I didn't have load to reply and I didn't wanna think that the situation was that serious so I just slept. The next day I told my tiya about it. Then when I came home last night, tiya said he just passed away. I didn't even had a chance to talk to him for the last time and ask him how he's doing. I'm really gonna lolo. I wish I had so much time so I could have visited him more often.

I could have seen him dance. I could have seen more of his smiling face and learned more about his business plans. I could have learned more about our big family - the MAAGHOP's.
"Just want to let you know that I am leaving Thursday, June 12, 2008 at 10:30 p.m., to attend my Uncle Elpidio's Funeral on Saturday, 1 p.m. in Santa Rosa, Laguna, Philippines. Uncle Elpidio Maaghop was a WWII veteran. He worked as a scout with the Filipino 'guerillas' assisting the American soldiers fighting the Japanese invaders in our small island of Pilar, Camotes, Cebu. Though he was not yet given the recognition and benefits for his honorable service, he deserve respects for his courageous service. He also served in Vietnam, working for an engineering company, and came home as a refugee after the war. He also influenced many of us to aspire for greater heights of success in life as he himself venture outside of our island and country to find the illusive dream. He is survived by his wife Virginia and eight children (three of whom are half Vietnamese.)"
- Elena Maaghop-Brady (my aunt)

No comments: