Tuesday, June 10, 2008

26, 27


Friday (June 6, 2008) – I received this memo about a seminar I had to attend on my birthday. My plan to be absent on the 10th of June wouldn’t happen. I thought of ways to get away with it but couldn’t come up with one. I also learned that I could have had filed a birthday leave (should I have known earlier that I am already entitled) and filed 10 working days before it. Sucks!

Like what I told my husband, I would just think that something good will happen on my birthday that would be as good as a birthday gift or maybe equivalent to having a day off.

After 5pm, I headed to the mall. Had dinner with my officemate and finally went to the see a movie by myself – Sex and City supposedly but it wasn’t available anymore so I ended up watching Indiana Jones just for the sake of staying away from home and the kids.

I went home after that and then I found out Lolo Pedyong passed away. I couldn’t take it right away so I cried where I was – on the floor. So sad. I missed him and I feel guilty for not visiting him even on his last day, guilty for not giving in to his invites to visit them in Laguna. Damn! Why can I have time and lots of money at the same time so I could do all things that I would be sorry about. But like what my husband told me, I can’t beat myself up about it because it’s a reality in life.

Then I finally slept.

Saturday (June 7, 2008) - I woke up late after going back to bed from practice. Missed my morning coffee coz I was so tired to get up. Then I heard my aunt and her daughters planning to go to Laguna for lolo Pedyong’s viewing. In fairness with my father, I felt bad because she told me we were gonna go there Sunday. Since one of her daughters is “going back home to the province the next day”, they decided to go there today.

I got up and asked her about it so I would know if my father and I will be taking the bus going to Laguna by ourselves. She said they were gonna go using the car. So, I assumed they’re going by themselves. There won’t be space for anyone else in the car. She told me to go with them but I told her there won’t be space for me anymore. Still, I reached Laguna that day. I can say that the trip was agonizing because of the three kids with us. I had my feet stepped on many times and if I could carry all three of them at the same time in different places, I could have done that. I was carrying the other kid coz he asked to, then the other one would cry and pull me to somewhere else, and the other would ask me if it’s her turn to be carried, yet. It was a crazy day!

We reached Laguna and I saw Lolo. I felt the sad and cried.


Sunday (June 8, 2008) – I can’t remember much about my Sunday. All I remember is that on that day there would be 10 kids and more people in the house.

What’s clear till now is that it was a noisy day in the house. In the afternoon, I went to church to attend a meeting but I had to go back home even before it was halfway done. My bad I brought with me a kid.

Monday (June 9, 2008) – Monday is a holiday. I woke up late to avoid babysitting the kids. I waited everybody to leave the house before I got up from bed. I cleaned the house, had coffee, consumed my cellphone load to have someone go with me anywhere to spend the holiday. Unfortunately, no one could so I ended up going to the mall by myself. I had my late lunch at KR because somebody didn’t cook rice no more since her bosses left. The meal wasn’t that great but I was and am very thankful for that wonderful one.

I went to Taguig to visit my family there. I bought them merienda. Hung out for a few hours and went home to wash my clothes and prepare for the next workday.

I sneaked into the house via the kitchen entrance. I had to avoid the kid so I could spend time for myself. I had a lot to do – wash and press my clothes…a lot more. Holla! My cousin’s wife was at the kitchen so I could hide no more. The kid saw me and that consumed all my spare time. I wanted to cry.

Tuesday (June 10, 2008) – Prepared for work cramming and upset with my husband. I wasn’t able to prepare my stuff the night before because of the kid, upset because yesterday morning when I wanted to talk to him, he wasn’t home. He was out biking and he didn’t tell me beforehand. It pissed me off.

I made it to the seminar. It went ok. I received a number of text messages (greetings for my birthday). I went home at around 5pm to supposedly wash my clothes but the plan to go out pushed through.

Me-An and I went out for my birthday. Destination? Greenbelt and Glorietta for dinner, movie, walk, chat. It was a simple night. Wendy’s dinner, ran against time to catch the last full show of Sex and the City, tea at Starbucks in G4, then finally Sex and the City (the best consolation for me on my birthday after all the misfortunes in the past few days). Loved it!


Went home passed 1am and slept at 2am.


Wednesday (June 11, 2008) - I woke up at 4:35am for practice. Went home at 6:10 I think, slept again and woke up after an hour, then headed to work again.



__________________________________________


The look of a friend who’s so willing to catch you when you’re at your lowest.

“Thine yours…
thine mine…
thine ours.”
-Beethoven

No comments: